Tuesday 9 January 2018

Tag (5 Stars)


It's tough being a Japanese schoolgirl. It's worse if you're still a virgin. It's even worse if you've never had a boyfriend. But it's worst of all if you live in a world where men don't even exist.

Poor Mitsuko. Before she knows it she's 25 and still a virgin. To make up for the lack of men she's allowed to marry a pig. I'm sure there's a message in there somewhere.


Sion Sono is my favourite director, and I consider this to be his best film. I've read reviews where people write that the film doesn't make sense. I can guarantee my readers that by the end everything slots logically into place. Anyone with an IQ above 85 should have no problem understanding what's happening.

This is currently the film I've watched more often than any other film. Seven times since the beginning of 2016. I'm sure I'll watch it again and again. Good films should be watched more than once. Brilliant films can never be watched enough.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.