Friday 3 November 2017

Witching and Bitching (5 Stars)


What have I done? About two months ago I finally compiled the list of my favourite 50 films, and I saved it to present the films in reverse order next year. Then I watched "Witching and Bitching" today, and I realised that it ought to be in the list. So what do I kick out to make room? I have no idea. I already have two other films by Alex de la Iglesia in my list -- I won't tell you which ones -- but this needs to be added as well. My top 50 list is turning out to be one big headache. I'll probably change my mind about it the day after I finally post it for my readers.

Behind all the comedy, "Witching and Bitching" has a serious message. It's about the battle of the sexes. Who will rule the world, men or women? Patriarchal systems have been in control for centuries, supported by religions, all of which were invented by men. Men are scared of women, so they need to keep them subjugated. "Women are inferior to men because God says so". That's difficult to argue against if you're a woman who believes in one of the religions with an all-powerful male God. Standing against men and their religion are the witches.

"It's said that God created man in His own image. What a laugh! Why do men think so highly of themselves? The truth is that God created woman in Her own image. Do you believe the silly story of Adam and his rib? Who is God? Our mother! And who are we? We are witches! Men are afraid of us because we know the truth. They can't bear to accept that God is a woman. No more good and evil, Heaven and Hell, morality and sin. There is only one truth in the universe: a great, almighty Goddess, the Cruel Mother, Merciless Daughter and Pure Spirit. Men robbed us of our instincts, they soiled our souls with guilt, and they spat on our gender. Now is the time of revenge. She will return and bring justice".

Why is the Goddess a cruel mother? That's dealt with in the film. After getting married women realise their husbands are worthless and divorce them. The trouble is that if women have sons they love them and treat them as something special, not realising that one day they will also become worthless husbands. Women have to learn to treat their sons as enemies and be willing to sacrifice them when they're young.


The message might be too radical for some mothers to accept, but don't forget that the religions invented by men all have radical contents, hidden between the sweet sounding texts that are usually quoted.

It's no coincidence that the men who stand against the witches are dressed as Jesus, a soldier and Sponge Bob. That's the best that men have to offer in the battle against women.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.