Wednesday 18 October 2017

The Babysitter (4 Stars)


"The Babysitter" was recently recommended to me as a must-watch film for Halloween. I checked it out and discovered that it was directed by Joseph McGinty Nichol, better known as McG. It's cool having a single word name. I should know, because my name is Dancer, whatever might be written in my passport. I was very impressed by McG's first two films, "Charlie's Angels" and "Charlies's Angels: Full Throttle". After that he made a less impressive film, "Terminator: Salvation", which was nevertheless a box office success. This is only the fourth film I've seen made by him. Rather than go direct-to-video it's been released direct-to-Netflix. I doubt it will be released on disc any time soon.

12-year-old Cole Johnson has an incredibly hot babysitter. Lucky boy. If I'd had a babysitter like Samara Weaving at his age I would have been driven crazy, in the best possible way. I did have a babysitter at an earlier age, when I was 9 to 11, but she wasn't the same sort of beauty. Or maybe my male hormones weren't developed enough to appreciate her at that age. She was the wife of Raymond Morris, better known as the A34 Killer. My parents both worked and weren't at home when my sister and I got home from school each day. She would let us in, then look after us until my mother came home.

Cole's babysitter, called Bee, looks after him in the evening when his parents go out to have fun. Bee does things that my babysitter never did. She invites her friends round to perform Satanic rituals. Girls just wanna have fun. This would be harmless if Cole hadn't been selected as a virgin sacrifice.

As you can guess, the film isn't completely serious, but it has enough action and terror sequences to make it thrilling. I agree; it's a good film to watch at Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.