Saturday 29 October 2016

Tracks (5 Stars)


There's very little I can say about this film that I didn't say in my last review. It's a miraculous film about a miraculous achievement by a powerful woman. Robyn Davidson would probably disagree with that description. She claims to be an ordinary person, but I can guarantee you that she is far from ordinary. Here are three photographs of her taken in 1977 by Rick Smolan for National Geographic.




In the film Adam Driver annoys me in his role as Rick Smolan. I'm sure this was deliberate. Robyn Davidson was a woman carrying out a mission and Rick was merely her photographer, but he felt that he ought to accompany her and support her as a man. That's a typical male way of thinking. Robyn needed no support. As a woman she was capable of doing everything my herself.


Mia Wasikowska was the perfect actress to play Robyn. Compare the photos above, Robyn on the left and Mia on the right.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.