Saturday 8 March 2014

Theatre: Macbeth (4 Stars)


Today I had the chance to see "Macbeth", one of William Shakespeare's best known plays, at the Blue Orange Theatre in Birmingham. It's a very small theatre. I was sitting in the front row, and my feet were only about six inches from the stage. Suffice to say, I had a very good view. It was a minimalist performance with only four actors. Oliver Hume played Macbeth himself, while three female actresses divided all the other roles between themselves, putting on different cloaks to signify who they were at any point. This was confusing to me at the beginning, but as the play progressed it became easier to understand. All four actors put on excellent performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.