Friday 30 August 2013

Camel Spiders (4 Stars)


This is a scary film. It made me yell a few times while I was watching it, that's how scary it was. In fact, it was so scary that I doubt I'll watch it again. It's deliciously revolting to watch them tear a man's skin off his face within seconds.

During a firefight in Iraq a US soldier is killed. His body is shipped back home to Arizona, but giant camel spiders are nesting inside his body. Back in Arizona the truck carrying his coffin is involved in a road accident and the spiders escape. They breed fast in the desert areas of Arizona and hunt down unsuspecting people.

Camel spiders are a genuine species that exists in the middle east, but the ones in this film are exaggerated in size. There is some debate whether they should be classified as spiders or not, because they only have six legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.