Thursday 7 June 2012

She lives by night (4 Stars)

I watch a lot of vampire films. Vampires fascinate me, they have for a long time. It all started when I first saw the film "Vamp" on television way back in the 1980's. I can't remember the year, but I was on holiday in Scotland at the time. I'm surprised I didn't mention it when I reviewed the film. I have a very large number of vampire films on DVD, ranging from classic gothic horror to comedies and erotic vampire movies. I still haven't found my perfect film, but two of my favorites are "Shadow of the Vampire" and "We are the night". I have mixed feelings about "Queen of the Damned", which is a good film but fails to live up to Anne Rice's novel on which it's based.

"She lives by night" is a low budget film made in 2001. Roger is driving home late at night. He knocks over a woman who is physically uninjured by the accident, but she loses her memory. Despite what the DVD cover says she can remember her name, but that's about all. Roger takes her into his house to look after her, and a romance develops between them, but she acts strangely. She sleeps all day and slips out of the house at night.

The word "vampire" is never used in the film, but it's obvious that that is what she is. She wears a cross and has a reflection in mirrors, but she drinks blood. A simple story, slow moving, but enjoyable to anyone who likes vampire films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.