Monday 19 March 2012

Off-Topic: Dealing with toothache

Now here's a totally random topic. It's a little something I'd like to share with my readers. We all know and all hate toothache. I suffer from it more than most, due to not taking care of my teeth in my early years. For me the turning point was when I was 20. I had a girlfriend who was an assistant in a dental practice, and she convinced me how important it was to look after my teeth. Louise Bailey was her name. I wonder if she still remembers me. But by then it was too late. My teeth were already full of fillings that have had to be replaced over the years.

But now to my tip. Almost by random I've found out that the Greek spirit Ouzo helps against toothache. Pour yourself a small glass of Ouzo, preferably chilled. 1-2 cl should be enough. Hold it in your mouth as long as you can. After that either swallow it or spit it out, it doesn't matter. The important thing is that the pain is gone, for a few hours at least. Try it.

In Germany you can buy it in any supermarket. In England Lidl sells it. Otherwise you can order it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.