Wednesday 28 December 2011

I bought a Vampire Motorcycle (3½ Stars)


A ritual is being performed in an empty parking lot in Birmingham to summon the demon Ahriman. Before the ritual can be completed a gang of Hell's Angels interrupt the ceremony. The ritual backfires, and Ahriman possesses a motorbike. The bike develops an appetite for blood and drives round the streets of Birmingham at night looking for blood.

Maybe I'm being unfair not giving it a higher rating. The film is funny, but somehow not funny enough. The dream sequences near the beginning seemed out of place. But then again, I've never much liked dream sequences in films, unless they are absolutely essential to the plot. In most cases, like in this film, dreams are just an excuse to throw in something random. For me the film's outstanding actor is Anthony Daniels, best known for his role as C-3PO in "Star Wars".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.