Wednesday 5 October 2011

Thor (2011) [Guest Writer] (3 Stars)



The warrior Thor (Hemsworth) is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard by his father Odin (Hopkins) for his arrogance and sent to Earth to live among humans. Falling in love with scientist Jane Foster (Portman) teaches Thor much-needed lessons, and his new-found strength comes into play as a villain from his homeland sends dark forces toward Earth.

Okay so this is a quickie because honestly I don't know what to really say about this movie besides what I'm about to tell you next. Besides the action scenes (you know I love a good ass-kicking scene) this movie fell flat for me in all the ways that count. I was pretty disappointed in the acting and while the premise of the story is interesting it just seemed rushed and almost as if they put this movie together with some band-aids and sticky tape. That's not to say that the movie was bad quality in terms of cinematography but other than that it was just bland all around when it came to the character interaction and relationships. I think I would term this as one of those throw-away action films that you watch just to kill the time but not something I wanted to pay $12 dollars for in the theaters. I've seen some mix reviews of this and I think it's really just a matter of taste and if I saw this on DVD I'd probably just end up skipping through any scenes that required them to speak more than 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.