Wednesday 5 October 2011

Green Lantern [Guest Writer] (3¾ Stars)


A cocky test pilot, Hal Jordan ('Ryan Reynolds' ), acquires superhuman powers when he is chosen by "the Ring", the willpower-fed source of power, of the Green Lantern Intergalactic Corps. He, reluctantly at first, takes on the challenges these superheroes face. Putting his self-doubts aside, and spurred on by his sense of duty and love for his beautiful, intellectually equal, colleague, Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), he is soon called to defend mankind from Parallax, a super-powerful being who feeds on fear. He is the universe's last chance, as many Lanterns have been killed and the Corps is weakened. And he might just be the right Lantern for the job of keeping the world safe from harm. Based on the characters of DC Comics series "Green Lantern".

What can I say about this movie? It wasn't the best movie I have seen in years but it wasn't the worst either. It wasn't even really all that bad and gave me a laugh or two. So far I've seen this movie three times just to make sure that I didn't get swept along with all the hype when I saw it in theaters and I found my enthusiasm waning for this movie by the second see-through. The actor is a favourite among my comedy list and so I had to see it for that alone but I don't think I would've paid money for it if I had known any better. The whole Green Lantern super-hero was new to me so that was something that interested me as well and while it had a lot of action it just felt short for me in some places. The ending is probably my favourite part of the movie but other than that.... Hm. I wouldn't mind seeing it again if I had some free time to kill and overall a decent movie but was it top-dollar box-office hit-it-out-of-the-park for me? Probably not.

1 comment:

  1. You only rate this film 3¾ Stars and yet you go see it three times? Picky!

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.