Monday 18 July 2011

Batman Returns (5 Stars)


This is a brilliant film. The use of the dark colours, blue, grey and black, throughout the outdoors scenes of the film is excellent. I have nothing to add to what I said about the film here.

Writing about films more than once emphasises the fact that this blog is a film diary rather than a film review site. I list every film that I watch, as I watch it, so if I watch a film 20 times I'll list it 20 times. Sometimes I might have new insight about a film or be in the mood to write more. Other times, like here, I have almost nothing to add. I'll add a few alternative film posters that I found online.


As much as I loved Adam West as Batman, I think Michael Keaton was visually the best Batman actor ever. Somehow he just looked right. Unfortunately this poster isn't very flattering.


Michelle Pfeiffer was very beautiful as Catwoman, though not really busty enough for the role. At least the costume used in "Batman Returns" was loyal to the comics. Halle Berry's costume in the "Catwoman" film was laughable.


DannyDeVito was perfect as the Penguin. I can't think of any other actor who would have been better for the role.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.