Monday 3 January 2011

Night of the Hunted (4 Stars)


A mystery surrounding a black tower that houses people suffering from a strange illness. A stunning film from the legendary French director Jean Rollin, lavishly filmed, starring Brigitte Lahaie, one of the most beautiful actresses of the 1970's and 1980's. She appears in several of Rollin's films, but my favorite films of hers are "Sechs Schwedinnen im Pensionat" ("Six Swedish girls on holiday") and "Sechs Schwedinnen an der Tankstelle" ("Six Swedish girls at the gas station"), both directed by Swiss director Erwin C. Dietrich.

3 comments:

  1. "...my favorite films of hers are "Sechs Schwedinnen im Pensionat" ("Six Swedish girls on holiday") and..."
    Wait - what?
    I don't know that one and you haven't watched it while running Film Fan.
    Pray, tell us more!

    (Meanwhile, Gefangene Frauen is running here currently. I'm thinking it might be a Lahaie Day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm referring to "Six Swedish Girls in a Boarding School". That's the literal translation of "Sechs Schwedinnen im Pensionat". The English DVD that I had in my hands at that time was called "Six Swedish Girls on Holiday", but it's incorrect. The girls aren't on holiday, they go to school every day.

      Delete
  2. Ah! That makes sense since you indicated it was your favourite in the series. It made me think of ...In Ibiza, but that's not ECD directing, so it couldn't be that one. I deluded myself into thinking he had returned later in the series and done another of which i was ignorant.
    Thanks for clarifying!

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.